Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 11, 2012

It has been couple of weeks since I was able to sit down and write about the waffle creations coming out of my kitchen.  I seriously do not know how people find time to do the things they enjoy and then sit down and write about them!  In my last post, I mentioned the musical, Silence (http://www.silencethemusicalnyc.com/).  The weekend in NY was a great time and the show was definitely a highlight.  Funny and a little inappropriate, it left us laughing and wondering what this group will think of next. 

OK, on to blueberry waffles!  I learned a couple things with this one.  It is possible to add too many blueberries to the waffle mix.  Should have known but, I just think this waffle maker can make anything work because it is awesome.  Check out the batter with tons of blueberries.  Looks delicious, doesn't it?




While I let the batter sit  for a few minutes, I started the blueberry syrup.  I have used this recipe before when I made blueberry pancakes.  First, I heated some maple syrup and added a few of the blueberries that I didn't add to the waffle batter.  

Blueberry Syrup

I let the blueberries stew in the syrup while I started making the blueberry waffles.  The blueberries added a lot of moisture to a batter.  So much, in this case, that they did not really firm up.  Oops.

First attempt at blueberry waffle


I added more flour to the mix and checked on the blueberry syrup.  It has had time to stew a little.

Second try
Finished Blueberry syrup



Second try at the blueberry waffle went a little better:

Golden blueberry waffle
  
I topped with the berry delicious syrup and enjoyed!



I bagged up the leftovers and enjoyed for the rest of the week!

Freeze and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment