Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 12, 2012

Bacon, eggs, and cheese.  Three breakfast favorites all whipped together in one waffle creation.  I used wheat flour for the waffle mixture. I scrambled some eggs and cooked the bacon until it was crispy.  I added cheese to the mix.   A lot of cheese:


Next, I folded in the scrambled eggs: 


Then  the bacon:


Looks good right?  I loaded up the waffle iron. And voila, the waffle would not release!  I think the batter was a little too cheesy and the cheesy crust that formed just would not come off the iron without a little help.  The photo below is a little dark but you can still see how the waffles came apart each time they were done cooking.





I ended up cooking them all this way.  They were pretty delicious for breakfast.  I heated them up in the toaster to keep the crispy, cheesy crust.  Heating them up in the microwave worked well too for a softer crust that was easier on the mouth!

Bacon, egg & cheese waffles

No comments:

Post a Comment